How can I buy a dragon mug?
Dragon mugs are offered (1) via pre-orders, (2) as ready-to-ship items on my online store, and (3) in person at art festivals, shows, and Open Studio days.
Occasionally, dragon mugs are available as pre-orders which allow you to choose the color of your mug. Pre-orders are facilitated through my Instagram. By following my Instagram you can stay up-to-date on the newest pre-order release date and claim your spot on the limited pre-order list.
Ready-to-ship dragon mugs are available in my Online Store. I try to update the store at least once a month with new dragon mugs. If you want to know when a mug is going to be released online, follow my Instagram for updates.
I try to stock at least a few dragon mugs for special events. To know where I'll be selling next, check out my events page.
When will the next Pre-Order be?
At the top of my Instagram page, I keep an updated estimate of my next pre-order dates and shop updates.
How much does a mug cost?
Here is a price chart last update September 2017.
What shipping method do you use?
All orders are shipped through USPS and shipping prices reflect the USPS shipping estimate. USA orders are shipped Priority Mail and International orders are shipped First Class.
Fired Figments is happy to say that all of our packaging materials are recycled and reused from the generous donations of other local businesses. We ask that you also reuse or recycle the materials if you can.
What is your return policy?
Returns must be requested within ten days of delivery date. Notification of damaged goods must be sent within one week of delivery date. All packages are insured and I will have to submit the insurance request to the post office. Returns of quality goods are eligible for exchanges or store credit. Products with a physical flaw (except those marked "SECOND") are eligible for a cash refund. Customer is responsible for return shipping costs, but Fired Figments will cover the shipping fees for the replacement item in the case of an exchange. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for the price of the item, and it is no longer eligible for exchange. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Can I microwave/dishwash my mug?
Fired Figments pottery is microwave, oven, and dishwasher safe. It is suggested that you hand wash your dragon mugs because of the fragile nature of their horns and tails. Check out my About page for more suggestions on how to care for your handcrafted pottery.
How should I care for my copper jewelry?
Your piece of copper jewelry has an intentional tarnish on it called patina which gives it a unique dark color. Do not clean your jewelry with tarnish remover or acidic treatments (lemon, ketchup, vinegar, etc.) or the patina finish will be removed. Over a long period of time (years,) this coloring will naturally darken. The best way to slow the darkening process is to keep your copper jewelry clean through preventative measures:
- Store your jewelry in a cool, dry place.
- Store your jewelry in a box or cloth bag when not in use. (Another term for tarnish is oxidation because the darkening of the copper occurs when it is exposed to oxygen.) In a pinch, a tightly sealed plastic bag may also be used.
- Remove your jewelry before sleeping, bathing/showering, and swimming (especially in chlorinated pools or salt water.)
- Wipe your jewelry with a soft cloth before storing. This helps to remove your natural body oils from the surface of the copper, which can also contribute to tarnish.
- Avoid wearing your jewelry during activities that may produce a lot of sweat. The acids and salts in your sweat will tarnish copper.
- Avoid wearing lotion, sunscreen, makeup, and perfume on areas of your body that will come in contact with your jewelry. If you use lotion on your hands, make sure to put on your earrings or latch your necklace before applying hand lotion.
- If your jewelry does come in contact with lotions, sunscreen, makeup, or perfume, it is all the more important to wipe it with a soft cloth when you take it off.