About Fired Figments
Fired Figments ceramics are handcrafted by Stephanie Krist in Rochester, New York. Inspired by a lifelong love of dragons and fantasy, Fired Figments aims to bring a little magic to your everyday routine through whimsical pottery and sculpture. The Fired Figments studio is a part of the MADE ON STATE campus of creative businesses located at 510 State Street, Rochester, NY 14608.
Stephanie took her first ceramics class in high school and mostly hated it. But, she revisited the medium in college and was hooked. Stephanie graduated from Nazareth College of Rochester in December 2014 with a B.S. in Studio Art (concentration in ceramics), a B.A. in Art History, and a minor in Business Administration. She started Fired Figments in the Summer of 2015. Stephanie's favorite things are desserts, dogs, dragons, and alliteration.
Fired Figments pottery is microwave, oven, and dishwasher safe. It is suggested that you hand wash your dragon mugs because of the fragile nature of their horns and tails. Here are some other suggestions to ensure a long life for any handcrafted pottery:
- When microwaving, make sure your vessel is at least half full with liquid or food. This helps everything heat evenly and prevents hotspots on your pottery.
- Both the contents of your pottery and the pottery itself should be room temperature before being put into the microwave or oven.
- Avoid putting just-washed (still damp) ceramics in the microwave if they have any exposed areas of raw clay (check the bottom of your mug, many have raw "feet.")
- NEVER go from extreme cold (refrigerator) to extreme heat (microwave/oven.)
- Allow ceramic ovenware to warm up in your oven while you preheat.
- If you are going to pour boiling water (hot tea, coffee, etc.) into a ceramic mug, first swirl some warm water around the inside of the mug so to not "shock" the ceramic with the extreme heat.
Fired Figments ships worldwide. All orders are shipped through USPS and shipping prices reflect the USPS shipping estimate.
Fired Figments is happy to say that all of our packing materials (including boxes) are repurposed from the generous donations of other local businesses. We hope that you are also able to reuse or recycle the materials from your order. Reusing a cardboard box means one less box that has to go into production. Recycling cardboard saves 24% of the energy needed to make new cardboard (according to Waste Management.) If you're interested in donating packing supplies to Fired Figments, please contact email@example.com.
Check out some of our packing supply donors below: